Create shareholder value or increase your own wealth. Outsource the hard-work and your perfect acquisition.
Weston Acquisitions works with companies, private equity, larger corporate and private investors to source, negotiate and complete acquisitions across the UK and abroad.
With a proven track record, a reputation for getting deals done and a substantial contact book, Weston Acquisitions uses its vast experience, strong financial analysis and market-leading research tools to identify acquisitions to your exacting needs.
With our finger on the pulse of the market, we are uniquely placed to discretely spot potential opportunities ahead of the crowd, avoiding auctions where possible and shun owners with fairy tale price expectations.
How long does it take to make an acquisition?
Most projects (usually a single acquisition) last for three to six months but can take longer depending on the complexities of the deal and structure. However, Weston Acquisitions understands the need to deliver opportunities which add to, or transform shareholder value, or your net worth. We look to build long-term relationships as evidenced by clients retaining our services for many years and over multiple acquisitions.
Here's an outline to what's involved and the business acquisition service.
Fig. A - The timeline of a typical acquisition.
Back to top
- Fact Find and Preparation. An initial fact-find and target profile acquisition plan are put together. This is where we get to know you and look at how we can achieve your objectives. We can discuss the various options open to you and answer any questions you might have.
- Research and Documentation. Upon instruction, we commit our full resources to finding you the perfect acquisition.
You provide us with the necessary documents and data we require to compile an Acquisition Profile and C.V.; two documents designed to generate credibility and interest from the target marketplace. All documents are kept confidential until you're ready to release them to an interested party.
Simultaneously, we will be conducting extensive research and developing a bespoke marketing plan aimed at securing the greatest number of qualified prospects for your consideration.
With access to global databases allowing us to search over 7 million businesses worldwide, alongside our contacts and unique deal origination know-how, we identify the targets for your approval.
- Discreet Approach. Once a target list is agreed with you, we will make discreet approaches to sound out the appetite for a sale. If there is interest, we will arrange the necessary documentation, such as Non-Disclosure Agreements to sign to gain access to detailed information and financial profiles Discreet Approach.
- Valuation and Appraisal. We collate and appraise each opportunity with our financial analysis and screening process. This process will eliminate sellers, no matter how well-intentioned, who have fantasy price expectations, or are just dreaming and have no real interest to sell. This helps you pick the targets you want to proceed with whilst preserving your time, energy and stamina.
- Meetings. With willing on both parts, meetings are arranged, giving you the opportunity to quiz the seller while they get to find out more about your plans.
- Offers and Negotiations. Once ready to make an offer, we will draft the offer and immediately present it to the vendor, or their advisers, for consideration. At this stage, most offers will be subject to contract and due diligence, i.e. not legally binding. We negotiate to get you the best deal possible.
- Acceptance, Heads of Terms, Due Diligence & the Legal Process. On agreement and understanding of basic terms, we prepare a document called a Heads of Agreement or Heads of Terms. This is a mutually agreeable explanation of the deal with terms in plain English. It is the document the solicitors use to draw up the definitive Sale and Purchase Agreement/contract (SPA).